What's an SRES® and why should I work with one?
Carter Braxton Preferred Properties is excited to share that we have multiple staff with SRES® designations!
The designation of SRES® stands for Seniors Real Estate Specialist®. If you have celebrated 50+ birthdays, your needs aren't the same as a first-time homebuyer or seller. You might be looking to retire, downsize, upsize, or join an active adult community. You are part of what is now called the sandwich generation, and maybe find yourself taking care of both children and parents.
Whatever your reasons or needs for considering a move for yourself or a loved one, you can depend on the knowledge and experience of an SRES® to guide you through every part of the process.
Why is this any different from a previous move, sale or purchase? There's just so much to consider and many options available that you may not be aware of. A Realtor® trained as a seniors specialist can help with things like:
- The financial and emotional challenges of selling a family home
- The many options available - independent living, active adult communities, retirement communities, continuing care communities...
- A customized plan to market and sell your property with milestones and the support that's needed from family and specialists
- Understanding your unique needs and creating a customized plan to ensure your future home meets those needs so your search and choices are well thought out (check out our upcoming blog series about moving parents)
- Utilizing specialized knowledge in reverse mortgages, 401(k) accounts, and IRAs for financing your upcoming real estate transaction
- Connecting you with a network of specialists such as movers, senior attorneys, home inspectors, art dealers, junk removal, and other experts
Let us help you with these considerations... or as a current customer said earlier this week... "maybe the idea of giving up the house will be better received if mom hears it from a 3rd party, instead of just from all of us."